Sunday, May 26, 2019

Nashville Part 2

In the touristy areas of Nashville, they have electric scooters readily available. I tried riding one and it's kind of terrifying at first but a lot of fun once I got past my initial fear. It is however a safety risk, I mean if I fell off the scooter, I'm not sure I would be able to get up.

Today we had a tour of Vanderbilt. Lovely campus, nice dorms, newish buildings. It was hard to get the vibe of the school since it's summer time.  We scootered over to the Parthenon buildings, grabbed lunch at Woodlands. Food was pretty good. Then we headed to the Opry Hotel. I had intially booked our hotel there but the reviews said it was far from downtown so then changed the reservation to Loews. The Opry hotel is beautiful, they have a 9 acres of land , beautiful gardens, waterway , stores, restaurants and a spa. Probably a fun place to visit for a weekend. It used to be part of a big amusement park which they shut down but they recently added a waterpark.  The gardens are impressive, they have plants and trees from all over the world, very unique gardens, well maintained. They have a ton of fruits like figs, bananas, papayas but since they are grown in a controlled environment without bugs, the fruits are not edible. That was a very interesting tidbit we got from the tour.  

 Rushil really wanted to eat Hot chicken which is a delicacy in Nashville but when we got to Bolton's Spicy Chicken, which was Ramesh's recommendation  it was closed. Pretty disappointing.There is one very famous place in Nashville but the lines to get in are 1 hour long so we didn't bother. On our  drive to Memphis,  we stopped along the way in Jackson at Back Yard Bar-Be-Cue, Rushil said the chicken was pretty good.  When we walked into the restaurant, a woman started to stare at us and I couldn't tell if she is just the curious type or she was staring at us for some other reason.  Sometimes we have to wonder if the stares are just stares or they mean something else.  I guess we will never know.  The staff was super friendly and warm and helpful. 






No comments: