Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Too embarrassed to say anything
Rushil's class had a small End of Unit celebration at school today. Prasad attended the event. At the end of the show, Prasad noticed that Rushil's eye was puffed up and he had bumps all over his face. One of his friends shared his snack and Rushil had an allergic reaction to it. The worst part was that the teachers were so wrapped up in the celebration, they didn't even notice. I asked Rushil if he knew he had reacted to the food and he said yes but he was too embarrassed to say anything so he endured the uncomfortableness and carried on with the show. Prasad took him to the infirmary and got him some benadryl. I guess he was fine as he went out to play with his friends after school. But when I saw him, he looked like he had gotten into a fight, his eye was still puffy. He hasn't had a reaction like this in a long time, it was a reminder to us that we still need to be careful with him, ofcourse his eczema will never let us forget. I'm thankful, it was nothing more than this .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
He is a tough guy. Hopefully a chat with the teacher to make sure they notice these "little" things will help as well.
wow - that is scary..
education is key in stuff like this
He is tough though..
Post a Comment