Friday, October 14, 2011

Sindhu's First Dance

Sindhu's school had their first "social" on Friday. I wasn't sure if she was going to attend but on the day of the social, she called me up to say she wanted to go. I presumed she would go  in the same outfit she wore to school, but she actually changed. Although comfort is her first priority, she has recently started to put some thought into her outfits.  That evening, I asked her what she did at the "social" and she said people were dancing in the hall and talking outside. I asked her if she danced and she said," Everyone was mostly jumping so I also jumped".  It sounded like she had a great time.  So there you have it, my baby went to her first dance. 

I'm curious to know if she has started to have an "hyper-awareness" of boys because I suppose it should start at some point soon.  If a boy comes up in a conversation, it's usually because he has done something annoying and she's irritated by him.  She doesn't have any "male" friends that she mentions however I see her talking to them comfortably when I pick her up from school or a class.  When she and her friends talk, boys never come up but perhaps that's because I'm there. The next few years will be interesting.


Out of context I know





Captured elbowing someone :-)

1 comment:

Raji P. said...

She looks like a natural soccer player!

I am not even touching the boys topic - I am still digesting the school dance tidbit.