If this doesn't convince you to come for a visit, I don't know what will.
An FB friend of mine posted a picture of her son ziplining in their backyard. It caught my eye, we have such a large backyard and most of it unused, this seemed ideal for us. After researching some more, I found that there is a fairly large number of backyard zipline vendors so I purchased one of the more popular ones on Amazon. I did not realize what we were getting into. It's quite an engineering feat to install it and it costs quite a bit of moola. Even now, I think the line could be tighter and we need to buy a better handle, it starts hurting my hand even before the run is over. It's a lot fun though!! I'll have to post a video one of these days.
An FB friend of mine posted a picture of her son ziplining in their backyard. It caught my eye, we have such a large backyard and most of it unused, this seemed ideal for us. After researching some more, I found that there is a fairly large number of backyard zipline vendors so I purchased one of the more popular ones on Amazon. I did not realize what we were getting into. It's quite an engineering feat to install it and it costs quite a bit of moola. Even now, I think the line could be tighter and we need to buy a better handle, it starts hurting my hand even before the run is over. It's a lot fun though!! I'll have to post a video one of these days.
| We had the platform built and had to make it higher to accomodate adults. |
| Rushil has to climb the tree to reach the handle. |
| Going right side up has lost its appeal. |
| Megha when she came over for our koluvu |
| 2 year old Roshu got the hang of it. |
2 comments:
You're right, that does it - the fact that I have not seen you in 3 years is immaterial, we want to zip! :)
OMG - are you guys the coolest or what!!
Totally cannot beat that experience. I will definitely show it to Anika - this might be the incentive for her to move back to the bay area at some point..
Post a Comment