You know what I'm talking about, right? It started off like any other day.
1) 4:30pm, I meet the kids and nanny at the accupuncturist. We do our allergy treatment and even though I showed up on time, we run 1/2 hour late
2) I was supposed to pick up Jyoti and her kids from their hotel, they are visiting from Bangalore.I rush to the hotel to pick them up.
3) We drive to Pakwan (I took the wrong exit and lost 10-15 minutes there) and ordered some extra food which it turns out I didn't need.
4) Rushil and I run to the grocery store while we wait for the food to get ready at Pakwan. Sindhu has a soccer party the next day and were going to make cupcakes but Sindhu added too much oil during the mixing stage and we didn't have another mix (If you're thinking why didn't you make it from scratch, you don't know me). So I have to pick up potatoes for the Masala dosas I'm making for dinner for the kids and cupcakes (no more time to make any since we have guests tonight)
5) We rush back to Pakwan, pick up the food and we're off.
6) Meanwhile, my cousin who was supposed to meet us at 6:30pm at my house calls to ask where we are. I was still at Pakwan.. Ugh... running 45 minutes late. (1/2 hour lost at accupucture and 15 minutes with the stupid detour)
7) We get home and my cousin is waiting outside. She forgot my inlaws were home. Now I feel worse, I thought she was at least waiting inside the home.
8) Kids are starving and have munched on the oreos that I bought as a bribe to keep Rushil quiet at the store and in the car.
9) Rush to make masala for the dosas and proceed to make some decent dosas from freshly stone ground batter that my MIL made.
10) Adults start eating. Prasad is at a class so arrives at 9pm.
11) Kids had a great time with their friends from Bangalore. Blr friends leave. 10 minutes later, Prasad's uncle/aunt and cousin from Dallas arrive.
12) I make coffee for the bunch. It's 10pm, kid's bed time, actually past their bed time and it's a school night.
13) I join the gang after the kids are sort of sleeping, catch up with the relatives. Namrata (my cousin) makes tea for the bunch. She leaves to go back to her place
I'm off to bed since I have to work the next day. It's one of those crazy days but only slightly crazier than the rest.
1) 4:30pm, I meet the kids and nanny at the accupuncturist. We do our allergy treatment and even though I showed up on time, we run 1/2 hour late
2) I was supposed to pick up Jyoti and her kids from their hotel, they are visiting from Bangalore.I rush to the hotel to pick them up.
3) We drive to Pakwan (I took the wrong exit and lost 10-15 minutes there) and ordered some extra food which it turns out I didn't need.
4) Rushil and I run to the grocery store while we wait for the food to get ready at Pakwan. Sindhu has a soccer party the next day and were going to make cupcakes but Sindhu added too much oil during the mixing stage and we didn't have another mix (If you're thinking why didn't you make it from scratch, you don't know me). So I have to pick up potatoes for the Masala dosas I'm making for dinner for the kids and cupcakes (no more time to make any since we have guests tonight)
5) We rush back to Pakwan, pick up the food and we're off.
6) Meanwhile, my cousin who was supposed to meet us at 6:30pm at my house calls to ask where we are. I was still at Pakwan.. Ugh... running 45 minutes late. (1/2 hour lost at accupucture and 15 minutes with the stupid detour)
7) We get home and my cousin is waiting outside. She forgot my inlaws were home. Now I feel worse, I thought she was at least waiting inside the home.
8) Kids are starving and have munched on the oreos that I bought as a bribe to keep Rushil quiet at the store and in the car.
9) Rush to make masala for the dosas and proceed to make some decent dosas from freshly stone ground batter that my MIL made.
10) Adults start eating. Prasad is at a class so arrives at 9pm.
11) Kids had a great time with their friends from Bangalore. Blr friends leave. 10 minutes later, Prasad's uncle/aunt and cousin from Dallas arrive.
12) I make coffee for the bunch. It's 10pm, kid's bed time, actually past their bed time and it's a school night.
13) I join the gang after the kids are sort of sleeping, catch up with the relatives. Namrata (my cousin) makes tea for the bunch. She leaves to go back to her place
I'm off to bed since I have to work the next day. It's one of those crazy days but only slightly crazier than the rest.
![]() |
| Buddies visiting from Bangalore |

1 comment:
Post a Comment