We're having record temperatures in India. It's been so hot that people are dying from the heat and there is a drought. Bangalore has recorded the highest temperatures this month in years. As soon as we got back from Kashmir, the heat has became unbearable. If the the stores were stocked with delicious fruits, maybe I could bear it but apparently due to the heat, there is 70% less yield of mangos this year, just great. The only silver lining, the rains started this week and at least the evenings are pleasant again, I can appreciate why Indians dance in the rain in the movies after a long hot summer.
This week I was at S & R's school for the science fair and I swear I thought I would die from heat stroke. I asked S & R if they are in misery all day long and they both told me the heat doesn't bother them. It took me a couple of hours to recover and they were off playing as soon as we got home. And this is Bangalore, just imagine if we lived pretty much anywhere else in India.
1 comment:
ah then, that means you will feel right at home in Austin, should you finally take my advice and move here! When did Bangalore get so bloomin onion hot?!! I am amazed the kids do not mind the heat.
Post a Comment