Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Have I ruined it for him? Probably.....

Rushil lost a tooth on Sunday in Hyderabad and it also got knocked out his hand never to be found again. Rushil followed the standard procedure that Sindhu came up with, write a letter to the tooth fairy explaining what happened and the tooth fairy will still reward you.  Monday morning, he wakes up and is not happy that there is no reward. He comforts himself by saying loudly that maybe she'll come when he's in school. Still no luck after school. Last night, he mentions again that he hopes that the tooth fairy will come in the morning. This morning, he gets out of bed and said I'm not going to school until you give me some money for my tooth.  I had a tennis class, which I had to get out of early to get the kids ready (prasad is out of town) so I was already running late. I promptly went to my wallet got out some money and put it under his pillow and he happily got ready for school. So there you have it,  his belief in the tooth fairy is over and I can thank myself for it.

4 comments:

Raji P. said...

You sure the myth has been shattered or he was just impatient for his money so thought it easier to ask you than to wait for the Fairy? Poor fellow.

Raji P. said...

PS: Just curious, no offense to the Bangalore Tooth Fairy and all, but how on earth did she forget three times to come? (Ravi wants to know)

Mythili said...

She is very disorganized... Somehow the whole novelty has worn off after so many years.

Raji P. said...

She sounds like someone I know... maybe they should meet, eh? :-) but I bet the Tooth Fairy is able to pull of a birthday party at the 11th hour.