Monday, November 8, 2010

Samir and Namrata's Wedding

My cousin Samir and Namrata had a grand wedding last month in Hyderabad. My sister, mother, and I stayed right next door to my cousin's place so it was the perfect venue to experience all the festivities.Namrata is Punjabi but grew up in Hyderabad so the wedding was a blend of both cultures. We had a great time at the wedding but we came back with a bug and we were sick for almost 2 weeks hence the reason I have not been posting anything.

 Keshini and my sister at the Sangeet

 My cousin Samir (to the right) and his parents and brother

 My father's cousin, Samir, his mother and brother, Siri

 My father's sister in blue and the rest are his cousins.

Namrata's brother did a spoof on Amitabh Bacchan at the Sangeet.  It was quite funny although most of it was in Hindi so I didn't quite understand all of it.

Namrata and Samir at the Sangeet. 

My paternal grandmother's sisters at the Snaathakam. 

 My father's uncles and cousins at the Snaathakam.


 My cousin, sister and aunt (although she is my age) at the Snaathakam



The musicians - one of the main reasons weddings in India are so festive.

Rushil and Sachin before the reception. 

 My sister and I before the reception. I was wearing a "net" sari and was conscious of my stomach showing the whole time.

The 3 of them had a great time at the wedding. Sindhu was unfortunately sick so was not able to play with them as much as she would have liked.


 My cousin Samir at the bharat


 My cousins at the bharat

Can you guess who this is? They arranged for someone to put turbans on the men, ofcourse you know who could not resist.






1 comment:

Teju said...

I envy all the weddings you go to - this must be such a neat experience for the kids.

The pictures are gorgeous. You, your sister and you mom have such amazing smiles..

Keshini has grown up so much.