I had an early morning with the execs a couple of weeks ago. I was roped into this new role, was putting in long hours and had to be at work at 8AM for a meeting which let me clarify, is WAY too early for me. I slept late the night before prepping for the meeting, woke up earlier than usual and left the house before anyone else got up. It was dark in the house and as usual I rushed out like a madwoman and thankfully managed to grab my laptop on my way out. (I'll have to share my "I forgot my laptop in the morning when carpooling with Prasad" story one of these days). So things were going well, the audio was working, the projector was working, I was early, and the presentation was ready. The VP, directors and "the rest" walked in and although, I knew how the audio worked because I set it up, I made some stupid comment making me sound like a complete ditz. Moving on, the presentation started, and about 10 minutes into it, my screen went blank but thankfully the projection and web sharing was still working. I'm prayed that my laptop would hold up for another 50 minutes and not just bonk out on me. Suddenly I looked down and saw one of my shoes. I was wearing the grungiest black Mary Jane style shoes that survived one year of walking on dusty pathways in India. Prasad's REI socks which are comfy, but too large and ugly bulged out in the most unbecoming way. The first thought that came to mind, "Please, please, let the other shoe match" For a split second, I panicked thinking that I walked out with mismatched shoes in my mad rush in the dark. Thankfully, the shoes matched, the laptop held up and maybe, just maybe the VP forgot my stupid "audio" comment..
2 comments:
I am sure you came across as the put-together, articulate, wonder woman that you are! :-)
PS: thank GOD your shoes matched or I would have died laughing :) more than I am doing now, that is.
Post a Comment