Friday, October 10, 2008

What I'm squeamish about

Two things have always freaked me out in India, the bathrooms and the bugs. Although, the bathrooms in our home are pretty decent and we have these windows with these netted screens, we still see quite a few bugs especially in the evenings. I'm always going around closing open doors to keep the bugs out but it's not that easy. When people come over in the evenings, I'm the first to close the door as soon as they leave so we can prevent any bugs or lizards from entering the home. I may seem anal to folks but I need to preserve my sanity. Today I saw another lizard, it was very tiny one. I asked Prasad if he could do anything about it and he said I would just have to live with it. Then I saw this bug floating across the tv screen in the dark, I have no idea what it was but it freaked me out. We have an open field next to our home as they have not yet built a home there yet. I was told by the security guard that the previous renters saw snakes coming out of that field, this is really something I needed to know :-( Anyway, I think this is the one thing that will take me a long time to get over so please don't be upset with me when I close the door on you when you leave or enter my home at nighttime :-)

No comments: