


I got back from a fabulous trip to the US on Tuesday morning. Luckily while I was out, Prasad went a store an hour from our place and picked up a "do-it-yourself Bommala Koluvu steps kit". He apparently struggled with it quite a bit as the parts didn't fit together very well but somehow he pulled it off. Dasara was on the 9th of October and the last day to invite folks over so on Thursday evening. I invited some neighbors, children/parents from Indus, some friends we knew from the US and of course, Shilpa, Chanti Babai, Lakshmi Pinni and Prachet. I know some folks will laugh but my cook took the day off since it was a holiday and I only knew about this the day before the event. Initially I was quite panicked but it turned out fine in the end. I did however have to move my noodle upma out of the menu as it turned out quite soggy.. I guess the pitfalls of not cooking often enough :-) I had been collecting quite a few idols/dolls over the few past months during our stay in India so for the first time, I didn't need to fill up the shelves with the kid's toys. Rushil had a great time, there were at least 7 boisterous boys playing in Rushil's room. At one point, Rushil walked out and told me they were all making a mess in his room and when I told him I'd help him clean it up, he walked back to the group happily. Sindhu was a little disappointed as there was only one girl and she was much younger than her. Her other friend in the community was out of town so we'll need to find more girls for Sindhu to play with. Shilpa/Babai/Pinni and Prachet stayed over for dinner aftewards, it got a bit late since some folks dropped in a bit later. We pulled off our first social gathering in our new home.
No comments:
Post a Comment