Monday, February 8, 2010

More on his skin and other frivolous details

Last week we started homeopathy treatment for Rushil and Sindhura. Within a day or two, Rushil started getting boils on his arm and developed a cold and cough. We took him to see the doctor again and he said we'll have to be patient as he is driving out the eczema and it will get worse before it gets better. I am fairly familiar with homeopathy so I know this but it's still painful. It's going to be tough to send him to school like this, he stayed home today. We debated about whether we should have started this in the summer. The next couple of months will be rough.

Since we were already in Indirangar, we visited "the bright side", a designer lamp store that recently opened. They had some interesting light fixtures, we're looking for a set above our kitchen counter in our Fremont home as one of the pendant lights broke. I hear that Chickpet has a large selection of lights so we may go there one of these weekends for a more "local" experience.

Next, we visited this designer clothing store I've heard so much about
on 100 ft road. Bandhej is an Ahmedabad based boutique and luck was on my side, they were having their half-yearly sale. I bought a couple of pieces off their sales rack and surprisingly their prices were affordable. They will have their next sale in August and I will surely be back.

We headed to Leela for bowling and a stop at the Oxford bookstore. Bowling only brings out two emotions in Rushil either sheer joy or sheer unhappiness. Last time, they didn't have a lane with guard rails, he kept hitting gutter balls and broke out into tears after each ball. This time around, Prasad reserved a lane that had the rails and Rushil was on a high and his only disappointment was that he couldn't play one more round. Sindhu's favourite hangout is the bookstore and she quickly read through a number of Geronimo Stilton books while we were browsing the shelves and Rushil was playing hide and seek. I always enjoy strolling through the Leela jewelry stores, they have an exquisite selection silver jewelry sets inlaid with precious stones, I hear there are a couple of other similar stores off of Brigade road that I need to check out. Anokhi is another favourite of mine with their unique block printing kurti tops.

What a long day.... Sunday was far more relaxing.

1 comment:

Raji P. said...

Long day indeed, I can see how all that glorious window shopping can be exhausting!