Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Polar Opposites

Her new wicker swing, so comfy

Today, I arrived home to a power cut. Usually the backup kicks in but I just assumed, we had no power due to a fuse problem and went along my merry way. I called security 3 times but when the problem still wasn't resolved, I called Prasad. Turns out we didn't pay the bill and as I've mentionned before, they are merciless about that. It was already past 6:30pm and it was dark outside. I scrambled to find some candles. Prasad sent our driver to pay the bill and have the electricity board reinstate our power. Sindhura and Rushil walk in separately after playing outside.

Sindhura: Why is it dark in the house?
Me: Today is "Save our power day"
Sindhura: Oh. Can I turn on one of the light switches?
She walks over flips one of the switches it obviously doesn't work.
Sindhura: Why is the power off?
Me: We forgot to pay the bill, so Daddy and Vijay are taking care of it.

Prasad walks in, lights another candle, and they hang out in Sindhu's room on her new wicker swing. Sindhu keeps asking when the power will come back on. Prasad is praying that Vijay will be able to convince the board to turn it back on and won't make us wait till tomorrow.

Rushil walks in.
Rushil: Where is everybody?
Me: They are hanging out in Sindhu's room
Rushil: Why is it dark?
Me: It's "save our power" day.
Rushil: Oh.
He walks into Sindhu's room and says we should have more "save the power" days, this is fun.

Power is back on. Phew.. I wasn't sure how we would manage without the fans at night, it's quite hot nowadays. Sindhu starts turning on all the lights in the apartment. Rushil starts turning them off saying it's more fun with the lights off. Polar opposites.

2 comments:

Raji P. said...

Sorry buddie, I have to laugh out loud. Forgot to pay the bill?!!!! I think Sindhu is like me and Rushil is like you.

Teju said...

too cute.

love the swing..