Saturday, April 10, 2010
The Blue Mug
We went to see a theatrical production called The Blug Mug at Chowdiah Memorial Hall today. Since it was an evening event, Prasad took care of the kids and I went with a friend. It had been a long time since I had been out on a GNO and I really enjoyed the evening. The theatre was packed and the show was sold out both today and tomorrow. Konkana Sen and Ranvir Shorey star in the play and probably explains its popularity although comparatively they have small roles. To my dismay, the play was mostly in English but there were significant parts in Hindi and the play moved too quickly for someone to explain the Hindi portions to me. There are no sets, no special effects, just 6 people talking about their memories. Given I didn't grow up here, I probably could not relate to everything but I really enjoyed the show. The quality of the acting was by far the best I've seen in India, it was very professionally done. It appears that they are touring the US this summer, if you get a chance, it's worth a look especially if you grew up in India and understand Hindi.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hmm, No and No. :)
What a coincidence - I am planning to see this play - it is going to be playing on May 7th and it is near our house..
I do not have any one to go with which is the sad thing :(
I am glad you liked it..
Post a Comment