Saturday, August 7, 2010

We're back!!

We're back in Bangalore after being away for a month!   S & R start school on Monday. We've been at their school collecting their uniforms, books and meeting with their teachers. It's been very hectic. Rushil complained that he was bored and lonely on our first day back. He missed his cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents, he begged us to extend our trip in the US by a few days so he could spend more time with everyone.   Prasad's sister and family are visting us and Sonu will be arriving tomorrow so no more complaints. I was sure that Sindhu would ask us to stay longer in the US but she was fine about coming back, she is content with the idea that we'll move back next year and wants to make the best of this year.

Rushil's observation after we returned:

Rushil: The police in India don't care about the children here.
Me: Why do you say that?
Rushil: They don't have laws that force children to wear seatbelts and sit in carseats.
Me: Well, we can't really blame the police for this, they don't make the laws, they only make sure that everyone follows the laws. It is the politicians that make the laws.

Rushil was a bit confused by this so let  the conversation drop but thinks someone should look into this.

We had a great trip, I felt at home in the US. Everything was so familiar and everyone was so welcoming. I'm happy to be back home and sleep in my bed and have some normalcy in our lives again. If we stayed any longer, I would no longer fit into my clothes, I seriously need to get back to exercising and eating right. We have a wedding coming up towards the end of this month so I have a big incentive to shed those pounds.

Hopefully I'll be back to posting more often. 

No comments: