Saturday, January 22, 2011

Sindhu's 11th Birthday Party

Sindhu's birthday landed on the  first day of her mid-year exams. There was one available weekend before the holidays and two of her friends had already sent out invites  for their parties and there was a conflict in the class over which party to attend. Prasad was in the US in early January, then the Hampi trip and this was the first available weekend.  I thought we sent the invites out early but  another girl in Sindhu's class had scheduled her party on the same day and same time and a couple of girls were invited to both.  If that wasn't bad enough, there was a bandh declared in Karnataka today and I wasn't sure if people were going to brave the roads, fortunately only one girl cancelled.

Sindhu wanted to make tie dye t-shirts but it was too complicated so I bought t-shirts and fabric paint and each girl decorated her own shirt. It was a huge hit,  some of the girls were painting till the very end.of the party. I purchased a couple of  block prints, some stencils and cutouts as patterns and the results were quite impressive. Rushil and his friend even had fun painting a skull with horns and a karate symbol. Sindhu's favourite present was a personalized t-shirt with a picture of Sindhu and 2 of her friends.   






2 comments:

Raji P. said...

Happy (belated) Birthday, Sindhu Bindu!!

Teju said...

very nice pictures. The t-shirts are also very clearly visible..

Happy Belated birthday to Sindhu