On Friday, they had a "Parent's Day Out" event at the school. It was quite an impressive affair. They have a large sports complex room and they set up a 20 stalls for different grades from kindergarten through 5th grade. They sold food (ice scream, pani puri, bel puri, etc..) and then they had games setup at other stalls. I was quite impressed with how quickly they were able to pull this together only 3 weeks after school had started. I got to meet some new parents and meet some parents I had already met. They also setup races and tug of war events outside. The school has a lot of focus on teaching through practical life, Rushil had his first field trip 1 week back to a book store and McDonalds and Sindhura has her first field trip on Tuesday at Cubbon Park.
Homework wise, Sindhura gets some decent amount of homework every day. I sometimes supplement the math but all in all, I'm happy with content. They don't seem to write as much as they used to at her school in California but I'll need to give it more time to assess. Rushil is having it easy though which is a good thing, I don't think I'd be able to handle a stressful academic year for him.
Rushil got invited to his first birthday party through his school . It took place at Palm Meadows (in case folks are not aware, Palm Meadows is where the majority of the expats stay in Bangalore.) The family hired an entertainer who setup all the decorations (Spiderman theme, Rushil was thrilled). It was pretty much like a birthday party in the US except all the entertainers were Indian. It was a nice way to connect with other parents in Rushil's class.
No comments:
Post a Comment