Wednesday, September 24, 2008
The Staff :-)
I agonize a lot over how to behave and where to draw the lines with the maid, the cooks and the driver. We also need to be careful about security especially since Prasad and I are generally lax about these things. How often do we need to check up on them when they are in the house. We don't want to appear not to trust them but at the same time we don't want to appear to be lax. They all come with good references but the disparity of income is so huge and for them I'm sure they think that we won't miss the item and really we won't. Rushil especially likes our driver and he likes to horse around with him and play with him. I want the driver to be focussed on driving which he is but with Rushil around, it's not always easy. Indians love young children and generally you will find at least one or two people in a store, doctor's office, hotel, contruction zone, that will want to engage your kid. It's a very lovely trait that Indians have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment