Monday, June 15, 2009

A little bit of this and that

We had a great weekend. My mother is here for the summer and her sister is visiting for a few days. We had a great time shopping on Commercial street or at least I did, I bought a jewelry set and an outfit at one of my favourite stores "W". We picked up a Telugu movie called "Avakaya Biryani", it was a really good movie, I usually don't enjoy Telugu movies but this one had a believable love story, no violence, and no unnecessary gore and drama.

First day of summer went pretty smoothly. Sindhu loved her art camp, one of her friends from school was also there so she was thrilled. Rushil was an angel and my mother said he was no trouble at all, I really couldn't ask for more than that. They both grumbled when I dragged them to their first tennis class today but after the class they were both ready to play tennis for the rest of the night and attempted to actually play it in the house. Rushil always has a hard time with classes and he is worried that either the instructor will be strict or he won't be good enough. Tomorrow I'm going to start him on karate classes, let's see how that goes.

We're still having teething pains with the new apartment. We had one bathroom out of commission when we moved in and now we have two. They seriously messed up the water connection to one of the bathrooms and had to drill holes in the other bathroom and I'm not sure why, noone speaks a language I can understand. They started the work in the morning and then disappeared for the rest of the day leaving the place in a mess. We've had a quite a few leaks in our kitchen and bathrooms and it seems everyone in the building has a story related to leaks. Can you believe there is a bee nest below one of our balconies? On a positive note, they have taken some green initiatives in the building, they recycle the water and use it in the flush tanks, saving 50000 gallons of water which is pretty impressive considering the water shortage we have. I'm always a bit worried that the water from the wrong source is flowing through the wrong tap as they have a complicated system to save water. They have asked us to separate our our food waste and they use it as compost. There is a lot more life at the complex, in the evenings, you can just go downstairs and find someone or another to talk to. They are organizing a party for the newcomers in a few weeks, I already feel more welcome here than we did the 8 months we were at the other house.

No comments: