Sunday, June 28, 2009
Summer Party at the complex
Our apartment complex had a back to school/summer/welcome the newcomers party. It was very well organized. They setup a karoake machine and folks were clamouring to participate. The music was blasting so everyone in the 5 buildings and beyond could hear, it took quite a bit of guts to get up there and sing. In general I have noticed that Indians are pretty gutsy when it comes to singing for an audience, I remember last year during our Diwali party, a number of folks sang Hindi songs to a group of 100+ people with ease. They setup shamianas and catered the affair on the lawns, this is what I really like best about our complex, there is plenty of space in the common areas for the children to run around and this is unique to this particular Sobha complex and even then, it's still crowded downstairs during the evening times. Lunch was followed by a few games of Housie/Tamboula/Bingo. I learned that Bingo is more commonly referred to as housie during our trip to Ooty and the kids really took to it so they were very excited when it was one of the activities at the party. All in all, a pretty fun event, the residents are definitely a very enthusiastic bunch.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment