It started off with my mother and I getting an ayurvedic massage at Leela Palace. I've had quite a few massages over the past year but I must admit, it's self indulgent to have one at Leela. They just do a great job in pampering you. The best part was the endless hot water shower I had after the massage. My mother went on to have one of the best facials she has ever had and I went on to have an excellent pedicure. . Leela also has a shopping center and the kids were waiting for us at the book store while my mother and I sneaked into a jewelry store and Anokhi. It was Prasad's suggestion that we go to Leela and he even packed a delicious lunch for us when we were done. Definitely a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon. We were heading back home when our friends called and we initially invited them over to our place for dinner when my mother suggested that we go out with them and she'll watch the kids. This option had not even occurred to us but given we had not done this in a year or so, we jumped at opportunity and ended the night at Valencia, this new 5 star Taj hotel/restaurant in Whitefield with our friends Shobha and Prashant. Their cosmo and pomegranite martinis were excellent but the food was average. The ambiance makes up for the food, it's a great place to hang out with friends and chill and we'll definitely head over there again. There is another place called Zuri which is down the street, it's also 5 star hotel with an authentic well decorated Italian restaurant, we'll have to try it out one of these days.
The highlight of Sunday was visiting my cousins, we headed over there for lunch and hung with them for a few hours. One of my cousins just got a new place in the same building as his sister so now we have a whole clan living in the same building. Prasad drove on his own to their place so that was a big achievement and furthest he has driven so far.
An excellent weekend, we definitely indulged on the food side so need to get back to exercising this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment