My mother, my sister (yes they're here!!!) and I went to see the theatrical production of Mamma Mia at Chowdiah Hall. I just happened to see the ad in the newspaper and hurriedly bought tickets as they were selling like hotcakes. A few weeks before, Konkana Sen was acting in a theatrical play in Bangalore and I delayed buying tickets and they were sold out so this time I learned my lesson. It was an impressive production with all the trimmings, singing, music, sets, dancers and a huge cast. I had seen a more professional version of Mamma Mia in Las Vegas a few years back but this one was still an excellent show. The acting and singing was fairly good, sometimes, the scenes were a bit awkward when moving from a scene to a song but the show improved especially after the intermission. There was a packed audience and at one point, they had invited the audience to dance to "Dancing Queen" and everyone was on stage dancing and singing. I haven't had a girls' night out in a long time so for me it was just fun to get out. Since the kids had their cousins to play with, they barely noticed that we weren't there.
3 comments:
What great pictures. Your sister looks a lot like you - gorgeous smiles just like your mom.
Enjoy!
You all look fabulous!! The kids are adorable! Who is supplying the Naartjie matching outfits these days? :)
They opened a Naartjie in Seattle so my SIL sent the matching outfits.
Post a Comment