Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Goa Monsoons









































This past weekend, we had a very relaxing holiday in Goa with Teju, Madhav, Nina and Anika. Although it was monsoon season, the weather was fairly accomodating till mid afternoon when the showers started. We stayed at the Park Hyatt, , room 127, Sindhu has insisted that we stay in the same room if we go back :-) The resort was beautiful with a private beach and the service was excellent, I would highly recommend staying there if you ever go to Goa. The beach was clean, no peddlers, was not crowded, the sand was very soft and the views stunning. This was one of the best beach experiences I had because it was not sunny so I was not worried about being scorched in the sun and yet it was still warm. The kids played in the sand while we took long walks . We couldn't swim because the water was too rough. The kids and the dads spent the rest of the mornings and early afternoons in the pool until lunchtime. Teju, myself and my mother enjoyed drinks by the poolside. After lunch, when the downpour started, we hung out in the kids camp room and watched movies and played games. Rushil picked up table tennis and that is now his latest obsession. Tea time and dinner followed, the food was delicious especially the desserts, excellent rasmalai, the kids and I enjoyed the continental food. We had a great time chilling with Teju and Madhav and Sindhu reconnected with Anika and Nina and is already looking forward to their visit at our place in a couple of weeks. Sindhu even wanted to go back with them to Pune for the week. Rushil on the other hand could have done without the girls and mainly hung out with the guys (Prasad and Madhav). My uncle lives in Goa and so he and his wife joined us a couple of times for dinner and lunch, their house was being completely renovated so we'll go to their place next time we're in town. Would I recommend going to Goa during the monsoons, absolutely! It's far less crowded, less sunny, still warm and very lush! BTW, I have posted a video of Rushil making a pottery piece, each one of the children made a piece and including Teju and I, another perk of staying at the Hyatt!

1 comment:

Teju said...

These are great pictures. I love the one of your mom and prasad taking a walk on the beach.

Would love to get high res versions of these.

I have not had the opportunity to see the video. I will have to wait to get back to the US to do it.

Cannot wait for Bangalore