Friday, January 22, 2010

Belief in the Paranormal?

Recently we've heard a number of "ghost" stories, what do you think, believable?

1) A few recently graduated students were looking for an apartment. They found a well-priced furnished apartment and moved in. Shortly after, they heard the fridge opening and closing on its own, doors slamming unexpectedly and other unusual sounds. When they complained to the owner, he replied, "Why do you think I priced the rent so low?"

2) Some students moved into an apartment and at night-time, one of the tenants felt someone combing their hair, stroking them and locking bathroom doors behind them. They moved out and later found out that a woman was killed in the apartment.

3) A tenant in a house used to hear someone running across the room upstairs at night-time. They however knew that noone was living upstairs. They suspected it was rodents for many many months. When they ruled out the rodents, they weren't sure what to believe. A friend of theirs walked into their house and said the vibrations were bad and without any prior information, he described what they were hearing at night. He told them they had to move out, and that the house was "haunted" and later they confirmed that a girl was killed in that home.

Spooky but real stories and not sure what to make of them but if the topic comes up, everyone has a story to share.

2 comments:

Raji P. said...

My hair stood on end reading those.

Teju said...

freaky stories. I am easily spooked as well so this would definitely be something to think about. We never ask when we buy a house whether people have been killed/died before..

You know, I have never thought about this but someone once asked me if I have lived in a house where someone has died and interestingly enough, no body I know died in the house (either outside, hospital or another town etc..)

I wonder what it would be like to go back to a place where someone died or was killed.