Friday, January 29, 2010

Prasad's Birthday and Ravi's Visit

At our place for dinnner on the 29th


Blowing out the candles the day after his birthday

Coffee at Ashok Lalit Hotel on Sunday. This time we met Pranav, isn't he a cutie?

Today is Prasad's birthday. To mark the occasion, Prasad's long time buddy, Ravi and his wife Sunita, visiting from California came over for dinner. Prasad and Ravi go back a long way, they knew each other from Sacramento when Prasad first started off at Intel. They recently had a baby boy, Pranav whom we didn't meet as he was not well but we did see lots of cute pictures of him. It was great to see them and catch up. I had a cake all ready to go but unfortunately, I waited till after dinner and Rushil fell asleep. It is no fun cutting a cake and blowing out candles unless S&R participate so we postponed it till tomorrow. Both S&R made birthday cards for their dad. Sindhu's card had red cutout hearts, a small pop-up and a maze (classic Sindhu) and she said that she had the best dad and hoped that he had a great day and liked her card. Apparently, she even hugged him. Rushil's card said and I quote," You are the best dad in the world. Even if I say you're bad, that doesn't mean that I don't like you. I love you." And my present to Prasad, a solo ski trip either here in India or in the US if he goes in the next couple of months.

3 comments:

TK said...

I guess I will have to join Prasad on his "solo ski trip"...just to make sure he is ok and all

Mythili said...

Thanks TK, we appreciate the sacrifice you will have to make.

Teju said...

Great gift idea..

I hear there is a lot of snow in California this year.

I love your new profile picture.