Monday, January 18, 2010
Out of Touch
We watched a few minutes of the Golden Globe Awards this morning and realized that we're completely out of touch with the latest television shows and movies. We did not recognize any of the movies that won awards except for Avatar. We were even more clueless when it came to the television shows, it was as if we've been away for years. I took note of the movies that were nominated and we'll slowly catch up. We'll get more plugged in after the Academy Awards. The tickets for the 3D version of Avatar have been sold out every weekend. Sindhu said she is the only one in her class that hasn't seen the movie. Now ask me about the latest Hindi movies, we've seen most of the hits, ironic considering I don't speak the language :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have no idea about tv shows or movies either - I have not seen a single movie on the list. The last movie I saw in a theatre was probably March/April 2009 if that.
Madhav and I have stopped going to see movies in a theater and we are hooked onto CSI/NCIS/Numbers for TV programming..
Sadder is the fact that I have not seen a hindi movie in a theatre for over a year. I spent 2+ months in India and did not go - how crazy is that.
It's ok, buddy, at least you have an excuse. We don't recognize any of the tv shows or movies either :)
Post a Comment