


We agonized over how we should celebrate New Year's Eve (or at least I did), should we stay in our hotel room that night, play games and watch television or go to a New Year's Eve celebration at the hotel. We opted for going out which I think was a good choice. The hotel had a celebration in their ballroom, there was a DJ, music, dancing, 4 or 5 course meal and a belly dancer. The guidebook recommended that we see a belly dancing show but I must admit the dancer was a bit of a disappointment as we've seen dancers at a couple of the Moroccan restaurants in California who were no less talented. She did add a festive touch to the night. The food was average, the music was 80s and 90s English music which I enjoyed. Overall a great way to ring in the new year.
Not sure what the new year has in store for us but here's a list that I'd like to focus on.
- Hopefully more travel which includes a trip to the US/Canada.
- Exercise and stay healthy. Rushil's skin is better but needs to improve more, planning on trying pranic healing this year.
- We hope that more of our family and friends visit us in India.
- I would like to attend more family weddings this year, we missed so many of our relative's weddings over the past few years and I would like to get my fill before we move back. (and I can justify more shopping)
- Would really like to learn some Hindi this year
- Volunteer/charity work, I had that in my list last year but didn't do anything about it, hopefully this year.
- Entertain more and participate in the activities organized at our complex.
- Would like to get the kids engaged in activities. Rushil has started soccer but it's early in the mornings on weekends, something we're not used to but I think we (meaning Prasad) need to start sacrificing our weekend mornings like most parents. Sindhu has yet to decide what she wants to do.
- Would like to continue blogging. When we first moved here, everything was a novelty and there was always a story to tell. We have now settled into a routine, hope I'll have enough to blog about.
- Spend quality time together as a family. I think we've improved on this front after moving to India but there is always more room for improvement.
1 comment:
Love your post and love your list..
The pictures are great and you guys look fabulous.
I agree with you about family weddings - It is just a different cultural experience..
Post a Comment