Sunday, March 14, 2010

Rushil's 7th Birthday


We celebrated Rushil's birthday at our place today. 10-12 boys, a few girls (Sindhu's friends), a couple of family friends and some relatives.  Sindhu and I planned the games  only on Friday night and we purchased all the supplies on Saturday, we found this great store within walking distance of our apartment that had a good selection of goodie bags and prizes.  The first game we played was a big hit at Sindhu's party but  did not work at all with the boys. One boy declared he only wanted to play soccer and started kicking the ball around in the house and we could never quite get him engaged with any of the games. I was a bit worried.  Sindhu rounded up the boys to get started and was very patient with them. A few games clicked, pass the parcel (with each layer wrapped with a small gift), pass the balloon, a treasure hunt completely organized by Sindhu and the wheel barrow race.  After cake cutting and pizza, Prasad took a few boys out for 15-20 minutes to play soccer, they finally got it out of their system.  Then onto musical chairs and the marshmallow game.  Rushil had a great time and was looking forward  to the party for days. He woke up with so much excitement and anticipation  and was delighted with the new telescope he received. Prasad and I were exhausted. It is very different handling 10 boys vs 10 girls.  Next year we're outsourcing Rushil's party.

2 comments:

Raji P. said...

:-) You know I gotta laugh, buddiee! Your birthday parties never cease to entertain me! How you always manage to pull them off at the 11th hour is amazing. Happy Birthday Rush!

Teju said...

Happy birthday Rushil!!

Great description of the birthday event. For some reason I have March 19th down for Rushil's birthday - need to change that..

I agree with Raji - you are a natural at what are perfectly coordinated events planned at the last minute.. Hats off to you guys..

Cannot wait to see you guys this summer.