I was reading the job postings in the newspaper today and noticed that there are a notable number of postings that list the age requirement for a candidate. An ad for Indigo Airlines had age cutoff for a cabin crew member at 28, not surprising, there is an age cutoff for most airlines in India except for maybe Indian Airlines :-) Some of the other advertisements were a bit surprising.
GMR Aviation :
Quality Control Manager between the ages of 40-50
Cabin crew between 24-28 yrs
Captain between 40-50 years.
A UK based company (no name mentionned):
Mechanical engineer between the ages of 25-30 years.
Orchid Healthcare:
Junior Officer or Executive - Age limit - 25 years
I shouldn't be that surprised, considering most of the resumes that we receive at our company list out the birthdate of the candidate without being asked for it. I didn't expect to spot so many ads with an age restriction, I thought India was more progressive than this. Working at an MNC shelters me from the "real" experience of working in India. If there ever was a doubt, I know that I shouldn't quit my current job and apply for one as a cabin crew member at Indigo because in case you wondered, I'm just a tad over 28.
2 comments:
Such a small tad over 28 that I am sure they won't even notice! But isn't there a minimum height requirement to be a flight attendant? *duck* :-)
Good point :-) I forgot about that too.
Post a Comment