Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Blogging is outdated?
I've been told by two different people that blogging is so yesterday. I asked them both what is in vogue. One suggested twitter or facebook but I don't see how those can replace blogging, they fill two completely different needs. The other suggested that I video blog. I could perhaps video blog to occasionally spice things up but not regularly. I enjoy blogging late at night, in PJs, watching television or working, with video blogging, I would have to be completely dedicated to the activity. I still didn't get my answer, what is the next big thing after blogging?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
wow - it is disheartening after finally embracing the idea to be told that it is already outdated.
I think expressing points of view has not changed over the years - the medium will evolve..
On a more selfish note, keep blogging girl - this is by far the thing I look forward to the most as I switch on my computer every day.
Oh Pshaw!! it might be outdated for those who started blogging or reading blogs way back when it started, but it is new to us, so phooey to those who said that to you. I wish I had started blogging when I was pregnant.. Teju, Mythili is blogging on my gentle push, so I should get commission :)
Yes Raji, you definitely inspired me to blog :-) I feel the same as you guys, we just started on this journey. Have you heard of dooce.com, she started her blog 7-8 years ago, lost her job because of it, bloggged about meeting her husband, getting married, her pregnancies, her illnesses, her battle with depression. She and her husband completely survive on the earnings from her blog. She recently added a community group so folks could discuss topics. If she's still doing it, I guess why not us.
Post a Comment