Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My spelling nightmares

Rushil  has to excel at whatever he's doing or he gets extremely upset.  If he is playing tennis and he can't hit the ball over the net, he will cry and practice and practice until he's able to do it.  If he does a math problem and he makes one mistake out of ten problems, he will be very upset with himself and us. (not sure why us, but apparently, we're to blame for it too) These are usually extra math problems he requested us to give him.  Board games, same thing, he can't lose or we will all face his wrath.  Yesterday Rushil reminded me that he has a spelling test the following day. Usually  I go over the words with him over the weekend but this time I forgot.  Even after the reminder, I forgot.   Later as I was lying in bed, I remembered with horror about the spelling test. I logged onto the website and downloaded the list (yes why they make this so difficult I have no idea, don't they know that there are disorganized parents like me who took a couple of months to even realize the spelling words were posted there). I made a few copies of the list and stuck them in a few places as a reminder not because I cared how well he did on the test (ok I care ) but because I knew Rushil would be livid if he didn't get a perfect score and  it would be my fault. Fortunately, only two of the words were tricky and he mastered them in a few minutes and he was off to school.  Hopefully I didn't forget anything else.

4 comments:

Raji P. said...

You did forget something.. a 't' in nightmare :-) haha, just kidding. What a perfectionist kid - it can be a good thing, right? to learn from mistakes?

Mythili said...

Ugh!! I fixed it now. Thanks!

Teju said...

This is too cute. It will serve him well over time.

Raji P. said...

ok, so you can delete my comment and yours then :)