Friday, June 26, 2009

Getting an intercom system

Airtel is our provider for internet service and landline and as Rushil would say, their service rocks! We had great experiences both at the apartment and at our previous home. The complex we live in uses BSNL for their intercom system so I thought it would be a good idea to get their service. The problem is it's not so easy to get the service. There is a small office in one of the other Sobha complexes near us so I went to their office 3 times last Saturday, each time being promised that the "madam" would be there to help me and each time they let me down. Finally the operator at the office said I could fill these papers and return them on Monday after 11Am. Huh!?! And the forms were daunting, they were asking for too much information. I thought it would be easier for me to talk to someone in person as this always works better here. Maybe I'll call the number on their website, I'm sure I'll have another story to share after that call. Perhaps we'll be one of the few dwellers in this complex without the intercom system.

2 comments:

Raji P. said...

If you get it, be sure it is turned off when you want it to be :) Else it can be like a baby monitor eavesdropping device.

Does the intercom have caller-id? or you just always answer the phone there?

Mythili said...

I'm guessing we have caller id. It's not like the traditional intercom, more like a regular phone but you can call someone based on their apt # and the call is free.