Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Foodie
I had never heard of that term until we moved here. I think I'm one now. Everywhere you look, you're bombarded with food. As we're driving to work, we pass by stalls where they sell tender coconuts, breakfast items, full meals, exotic fruits, vegetables, and tiny stalls that sell snacks and sweets right off the street. In the evenings, on our way back from home, we encounter outdoor pani puri stalls, pakora stalls, sugar cane and fresh lime juice vendors and there are tons of restaurants with open doors we can peek into as we drive by. When our relatives visit us, they bring my favourite pickles, and items I may get to sample once year back in the US. Of course, it's very easy to sink into bad eating habits so we skip the fried snacks as much as possible. Krithiga introduced us to this fat free puffed rice snack last Christmas and when my colleagues visit Kolkata they bring us back a stash which Prasad and I devour in a few weeks. Seriously, how can you not be a foodie living here?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You purposefully trying to make our mouths water or what?! :-P Lucky lucky you! Enjoy every delicious moment!
I have to taste the puffed rice thing you are talking about. It sounds really addictive.
Post a Comment