Monday, August 31, 2009

A Bit of a Downer

My parents left today. My mother stayed with us for 2.5 months and my father 6 weeks. They did some travelling here and there but they mostly stayed with us. Our house was like a zoo this summer and now with my parent's departure, summer is officially over. (although summer was over in June, so I guess the monsoons are over). Sri and Srikanth also left today so it's a double whammy. They are still in Bangalore so we'll probably see them one more time. I could say the house is quiet but with the kids, it can never really be quiet, thankfully. So what do we have to look forward to?!? Bali trip during Dassera in September, Diwali, wedding in Hyderabad on Halloween Day and then Christmas (maybe Goa, maybe Morocco and many more visitors, yeah!), at least the next couple of months will be busy.

3 comments:

Raji P. said...

The first day or two is really hard. They'll be back soon, I am sure! Bali, eh? what fun. Where are you going? You will go crazy shopping!

Mythili said...

we're going the week of Sept 28th (Dassera). I have to plan for Gollu the weekend before.

Teju said...

I can imagine. This year dassara and diwali are just on the heels of back to school stuff.

I wish we could go somewhere but no possibility now until thanksgiving..