Monday, August 17, 2009
Hyderabad
We just got back from a short trip to Hyderabad for my cousin Mithun's engagement. We spent quality time with our relatives whom we hadn't seen in a year (our last trip to Hyd) and I got in a bit of shopping. I now know what people mean when they say that all sari shopping must be done in Hyderabad, the number of sari shops just does not compare to the number in Bangalore. It's a bit hotter in Hyderabad and there are quite a few more mosquitos, air conditioning in the car and home are a must! We stayed at my inlaw's place which has not hosted anyone in over a year. My mother-in-law has not been to the house in 4 years and has no idea what state it is in! Prasad's aunt who lives upstairs tidied up the place for us and we had a comfortable stay. Prasad's 2.5 year old niece, Ishwita, completely entertained us with her free spirit and banter during our stay. She only spoke Telugu and this actually prompted S&R to pick up a few Telugu words so they could communicate with her. Although we drove from one end of the city to the other, we didn't get to show any of the sights to S&R, we're planning on making a more leisurely trip so we can take the kids to Ramoji Film Studio, Golkonda Fort, Salarjung Museum, Birla Mandir, and my personal favourite Charminar (for shopping) which was not recommended during this trip due to the August 15th celebrations. On our flight back, I was sitting next to this man who burped what seemed like every 30 seconds and had the kids laughing hysterically each time he burped but that didn't stop him from continuing his burping session. Prasad finally put me out of my misery and swapped seats with me so instead I had the pleasure of sitting between S & R. There is so much more to tell but I gotta go so I'll post more later on the trip.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad to have you back - I really missed your blog..
I know what you mean about Hyd sights - lots of good stuff to see and buy..
pearls are a must in Hyd as well.
cannot wait to read more
LOL at image of burping traveller. Just like you to include that in the travelogue! hahaha!
I love the salwars and bangles of Hyd the best. Not that I have been to Hyd in centuries, but my MIL says for shopping Hyd rocks.
Post a Comment