Sindhu was having lunch today and out of the blue declares that she misses the US. So I asked her and Rushil what they missed the most. Here's a part of their list:
1) Sindhu starts off with museums. That was the last thing I thought she would say, so I raised my eyebrows as I know Sindhu is not a big fan of museums. She clarified that she liked the San Francisco Science Museum, I think she went there on a school field trip.
2) They both unanimously said they miss, "Pump it up"
3) Sindhu said, it's much cleaner in the US, I conceded that this is true but I'm not sure she actually misses the cleanliness.
4) Rushil came up with "People don't litter in the US and people don't spit on the road". I can't argue with that.
5) Rushil said it's more polluted in India, I agree it's more dusty and the fumes from the cars can be choking.
6) Sindhu yelled spinach pizza from Trader Joes, I gotto give her that one, I miss Trader Joes too.
7) Lunchables from Albertsons. I told her that doesn't count since it's junk food :-)
8) Rushil came up with Costco and Sindhu said I had to agree with that one.
9) Sindhu says she had more friends in the US.
Rushil came up with quite a few of the items on the list and I asked him what he actually remembered, since he was pratically a baby when we left. He giggled and Sindhu teased him saying he was so "cute" back then, which is the worst thing you can say to Rushil.
I told them we can visit all the museums they want to see, make a trip to Costco, Trader Joes, Albertsons, and Pump it Up when we go for a visit. She hadn't brought this up in a long time but as most of you that have met her in the last couple of years know, she would move back in a heartbeat.
3 comments:
Are you coming here this summer? Won't it be doubly hard to go back, esp for the kids? Isn't it summer holidays now there?
Their school follows the US summer holiday so their holidays start in June. We're making a trip to the US this summer. We owe Sindhu a trip as we promised to make it up to her for not making a trip last year.
cute. It is funny how they will miss the funniest things - Costco and Trader Joe's pizzas.
Nina and Anika are completely over Pump it up now - I am sure Sindhu will feel the same way..
I cannot wait to meet you guys..
Post a Comment