Sunday, May 9, 2010

When did we get our life back?

From the day Sindhu and Rushil were born, we have experienced  tremendous happiness and have been awed every step of the way. The milestones and there are countless number of them, the first smile, crawl, steps, words have brought us so much joy and continue to do so. Yet there are tough times especially when they are sick, cranky, not eating or sleeping.   There are times when we're so exhausted and yet they are still up and with boundless amounts of energy.  Lately though, Prasad and I have commented about how much easier it is. They are more independent, we get more sleep, we can eat at a restaurant more peacefully, and they don't need us for all their physical needs like they used to. This dawned on us when we see our family and friends with younger children and how much work it is. This doesn't mean we still don't agonize over the decisions we make and if anything our  problems get bigger. Sindhu is only a few years away from being a teenager and we see glimpses of it now.  Yet, when you're less tired and you have more time for yourself, you enjoy your children more and they become more and more fun and you feel  like you have have a little bit of your life back.

3 comments:

TK said...

How come you are not joining your Husband's lets multiply and dominate school?

Mythili said...

:-) I didn't subscribe to it. Looks like he convinced you though.

Teju said...

You know - this is so true. We were at a friend's house the other day and they had a 2month old baby - the little one was simply adorable and all of us took turns playing with the baby. At the end though - Madhav and I looked at each other and said - man it is easy now, no bottles, car seats, diapers, late night feeds..

I am glad we did that when we did it but I love this phase just as much I think.