Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Out to the movies

Today I took S & R and two of S's friends to see the 3D version of Alice in Wonderland. We went to see the movie at Bangalore's newest mall in Malleswaram. It is apparently the largest mall in India.  I couldn't do any shopping but I'm planning to trek over there in August when the kids are in school so I can shop in peace. They have a slew of foreign stores but also many local stores I have never seen. They host Bangalore's first Taco Bell. The kids devoured their tacos, and I savoured the veggie fajita quesadilla which was not available in the US.  They even have a Swenson's, I remember hanging out at Swenson's in downtown Montreal and it brought back wonderful memories. The theatre experience was impressive! They had these large comfortable reclining seats with proper cup handles and plenty of leg room and space. What an experience, I hope they continue to  maintain the theatre, it's definitely the best theatre experience I have ever had. The girls loved the movie, they couldn't stop talking about it during the car ride back.


The last 3 days have been so busy. Rushil especially keeps me on my toes. I've been playing tennis, ping pong and lots of cricket with him but I've been enjoying every minute of it.  Prasad suggested that  I needed to take time out for myself, primarily because he doesn't want me to drive him nuts when he gets home from work :-) 


I'm planning on joining the OWC (Overseas Women's Club) tomorrow, I had joined them when we first moved here but I didn't get a chance to renew my membership last year. They do quite a bit of charity work so I'm hoping to get some good leads there, they have also have a yahoogroup which provides a wealth of information.

1 comment:

Teju said...

Fancy titles - oversees club and all.

Would love to hear more of that when you get together.