The last couple of years in India have been a race to see and experience everything we can. We try to visit a new place during school breaks, long weekends and attend as many weddings and events as possible. Every festival is celebrated. We've been to more sports events in India and although I used to be big basketball fan, I never once went to an NBA game. My cousin who just moved to the US and is living there for a few years, just saw a game the other day and I bet he never went to an official cricket match in India although he is a huge fan. My cousin who has lived in Bangalore for 10+ years has never once been to the Chitra Santhe arts festival. Yesterday, I was in Indiranagar and I had to stop at the homeopathy doctor's office and saw the store Bandhej along the way. They were having their annual sale so I popped in to buy a couple of tops since it may be the "last" sale I get to go to. Although I know we're living in a unique bubble, but maybe we should adopt this way of living when we move back. Ok perhaps, we'll take less vacations but in some way try to not put off doing things because "we can do it next year or some other time." Realistically, we have to set some boundaries but when we know we'll be somewhere for a short period of time, we end up seeing more and experiencing more than we would if we lived there for 10+ years. Something to ponder about...
2 comments:
Totally agree with you - Chicago has been that way for us in many ways - there are trips we take that we know if we lived elsewhere, we would not take - Michigan and Wisconsin and Iowa road trips for example.
I agree with you regarding games as well - I have the lucky honor of attending a Cubs game at Wrigley Field [How could you be in Chicago and not to that].
I do think that it a good conscious goal to have.
You might be laughing - this birthday I created a bucket list :) because I felt like I have lived more years than I will live..
Although I am going to need all my years - lived and unlived to go through my bucket list..
What you have done in your time in India is truly remarkable and testament to an amazing attitude. Definitely we should all live like that - in the moment. For today, for the present. I hope you can continue that spirit after you return to regular scheduled life :)
Post a Comment