I have always had a nagging worry about the vegetables and food we eat. I worry about the quality of the water used to irrigate the farms, the soil, and the pesticides used. I worry more than I used to in the US primarily because the farms are less regulated and I see the garbage, dirt and pollution in the lakes firsthand almost everyday. In the lake right next to our house, recently, a large number of fish died unexpectedly due to suffocation, too little oxygen because of pollution.
Recently, Raamavana Biofarms started a weekly delivery of pesticide free vegetables to our complex. We ordered our first set of vegetables and I must say I was impressed with the quality, the packaging and the flavour of the vegetables. The man who delivers the food is the managing director of the company that grows the vegetables. I'm concerned about how regulated organic farming is and if we can really trust what we're getting. It's still better than nothing and the convenience of having the vegetables delivered to your doorstep cannot be beat.
Recently, Raamavana Biofarms started a weekly delivery of pesticide free vegetables to our complex. We ordered our first set of vegetables and I must say I was impressed with the quality, the packaging and the flavour of the vegetables. The man who delivers the food is the managing director of the company that grows the vegetables. I'm concerned about how regulated organic farming is and if we can really trust what we're getting. It's still better than nothing and the convenience of having the vegetables delivered to your doorstep cannot be beat.
No comments:
Post a Comment