So we finally moved to our new apartment this weekend. It was a painful move. We're trying to fit everything we had in a 4 bedroom apartment into a 3 bedroom one. We have tons of boxes in storage and I'm not sure what to do with them. It's not just the extra bedroom we're missing, it's all the storage space, a larger kitchen and larger living room. Even the movers were skeptical about whether we would have enough space. I'm sitting here surrounded by boxes and furniture we have nowhere to fit.
You would think that since we're moving within the same complex that the move would have taken less time but it took 3 days, more than any other move we've experienced. Today, the moving company forgot about us and we had to threaten to not pay in order to get them to send a team. They sent the "finisher", he quickly got things into order and wrapped it up. He apparently moved us from our old home to our apartment almost 2 years ago with another moving company and can you believe he recognized me, what are the chances?
I feel like I've had to yell so much in the past few days to get things done. The satellite dish guy, the internet guy, the movers, the electrician, the cleaners, perhaps things could have gone smoother if I called them earlier.
There is a lovely view from our living room of the Bellandur Lake and the breeze in the mornings and evenings cools down the apartment far more than our other place. The lake hosts sewage so I'm sure when it rains, we'll get a much stronger whiff of the lake now that we're directly facing it.
Last night, Sindhu spotted two cockroaches in the bathroom and screamed so loud, we were sure, she was badly hurt. I need to find a good exterminator in the next couple of days after we get rid of some more boxes. I dread going into the bathroom at nighttime and Sindhu has altogether boycotted that bathroom. She is upset that she doesn't officially have her own room and we combined S & R's stuff into one room, she's coming around though and will adjust in a few days. I see her point though, she does need her space and also needs somewhere quiet to do her homework.
Unpacking is going to take forever as we're disposing of things and it takes much longer when you have to actually go through the items. I've given away so many books, Prasad is annoyed that I accumulated so many children's books in the last few years. Since I'm so attached to them, I have to find the right owner for each one, I almost feel like I need to share the experience I had reading those books to S & R.
Oh and one more gripe, the cell coverage is poor on the 10th floor, it was far better on the 7th, I hope there will be less mosquitoes as compensation. And the light and fan switches, they are in the remote corner of the room and of course, there are a dozen of them in each room and most covered by boxes. We really could have done without this move, what a pain! I'm thankful that my parents are here, they have been so helpful.
You would think that since we're moving within the same complex that the move would have taken less time but it took 3 days, more than any other move we've experienced. Today, the moving company forgot about us and we had to threaten to not pay in order to get them to send a team. They sent the "finisher", he quickly got things into order and wrapped it up. He apparently moved us from our old home to our apartment almost 2 years ago with another moving company and can you believe he recognized me, what are the chances?
I feel like I've had to yell so much in the past few days to get things done. The satellite dish guy, the internet guy, the movers, the electrician, the cleaners, perhaps things could have gone smoother if I called them earlier.
There is a lovely view from our living room of the Bellandur Lake and the breeze in the mornings and evenings cools down the apartment far more than our other place. The lake hosts sewage so I'm sure when it rains, we'll get a much stronger whiff of the lake now that we're directly facing it.
Last night, Sindhu spotted two cockroaches in the bathroom and screamed so loud, we were sure, she was badly hurt. I need to find a good exterminator in the next couple of days after we get rid of some more boxes. I dread going into the bathroom at nighttime and Sindhu has altogether boycotted that bathroom. She is upset that she doesn't officially have her own room and we combined S & R's stuff into one room, she's coming around though and will adjust in a few days. I see her point though, she does need her space and also needs somewhere quiet to do her homework.
Unpacking is going to take forever as we're disposing of things and it takes much longer when you have to actually go through the items. I've given away so many books, Prasad is annoyed that I accumulated so many children's books in the last few years. Since I'm so attached to them, I have to find the right owner for each one, I almost feel like I need to share the experience I had reading those books to S & R.
Oh and one more gripe, the cell coverage is poor on the 10th floor, it was far better on the 7th, I hope there will be less mosquitoes as compensation. And the light and fan switches, they are in the remote corner of the room and of course, there are a dozen of them in each room and most covered by boxes. We really could have done without this move, what a pain! I'm thankful that my parents are here, they have been so helpful.
1 comment:
oh no!! don't get rid of children's books!! bring them back with you - they will always remind you of your years in India!
Post a Comment