Friday, March 25, 2011

US Visit

I was a little worried about driving my rental as soon as I landed in San Francisco.I was jet lagged, I haven't driven in 9 months and barely in the last 3 years, and I am not used driving an SUV but I managed.I actually enjoyed the freedom. See, I can manage without my driver who does all our groceries, runs errands and pays our bills, and drives us around too, who am I kidding?!? I had a wonderful time in the US. The main purpose of the visit was taken care of during the first two days. I shopped, I visited our house, experienced some fine dining, was a little freaked out by how competitive the schools were but the best part of the trip was feeding my soul. I spent 3 nights at Krithiga's and 3 nights at Sri's place and we spent countless hours catching up. I went to a few girl's night outs with both playgroups, lunches and birthday parties, and it was so much fun! I am so looking forward to moving back, it feels right to be back in the US. Many people ask Prasad why we are moving back, India is the place to be, blah, blah, blah, but how many people really move here because of that? Most move because of their families, many stay because of all the help they can get, some move because they think India is a good place to raise their children but very few because of the booming economy although it is a bonus. I and the kids are ready but Prasad is not sure, he will probably have the biggest adjustment.

2 comments:

Raji P. said...

I am very impressed that you did not get lost :-) It will be great having you back here. However I am very sad I did not get to meet you in India. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

It's great how well you all adapted to living in India for 3 years ... esp you and the kids!

For a man raised in India, it's often hard to come back to the US I am sure. Plus Prasad had fun and great work there to do ... but I am sure he will get some interesting opportunities here too.

Such