We watched the Indian Prime Minister's and the cabinet's swearing in ceremony this evening. Good educational experience, I least I know who some of the cabinet ministers are and I did not know that India's president is a woman. Although most spoke in English, a few spoke in Hindi. It was great to see ministers of all religions coming together. Most of the ministers are over 60 years old except for a couple, all very experienced, good or bad, I don't know, but it would have been nice to see some younger faces. Sonia Gandhi was sitting and watching the ceremony with no expression on her face, I guess she's been through this before, and the interesting part happened behind closed doors when they were putting together the government. More drama unfolded after the ceremony as DMK and Congress apparently stuck a deal and two of the controversial ministers may be back in. Days before, the discussions centered around if Rahul Gandhi would take a post.
A very different ceremony from the US one. More understated in the details of the ceremony, no fanfare on what anyone wore, no inaugural ball, just a simple ceremony. A bit boring but the commentator on CNN-IBN kept it as exciting and animated as he could :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment