





Our Hyderabad Itinerary
Thursday night - Prasad's uncles, aunts, cousins from the US and niece received us at Prasad's parent's place. Rushil's statement after the 2nd day after using the bathroom. How were you able to live here all these years, he didn't like the "wet" style bathroom. :-) Personally, I have always felt most comfortable at Prasad's parents house, they have the neatest bathrooms and a cute little house, yes wet bathrooms but compared to the other places I've been, this is one of the best.
Friday - Prasad and I headed to the hospital to see my cousin. Rushil and Sindhu hung out with Aditya (Prasad's teenage cousin visiting from the US) who completely entertained them for the entire day. Rushil and Sindhu both received a Nintendo DS as a gift from Prasad so they were pretty much occupied with it throughout the trip. After lunch at his babai's house, we went to Neeru's one of my favourite stores for salwars and chudidars but it was a disappointment. Their children's clothing line is decent though. We then dropped into Kalanjali where I had bought my wedding saris but this store was also a disappointment. My aunt who knows the where all the "hip" stores are was busy with the engagement arrangements so we agreed that her daughter and I would make a shopping trip to Hyderabad one weekend. That evening we went to Tank Bund (necklace street) and ate at the Waterfront complex. My parents, aunt, uncle and cousin also joined us, the kids played on the bumper cars while we had chat at the food stalls. Other than the mosquitoes, the place was setup very well with a great waterfront view.
Saturday - We had lunch with Prasad's relatives at a South Indian vegetarian restaurant and I realized that this style of restaurant is missing in Bangalore. Bangalore has South Indian vegetarian restaurants but they are crowded, lack decor and proper seating. There is usually someone hovering near you waiting for you to finish eating so they can take your seat. The only upscale vegetarian place we know of is South Indies but it caters to a different market. We did a bit of shopping and then headed home so we could rest before my cousin's engagement. The engagement was a fun event, I saw relatives I hadn't seen in years. Sindhu made a friend with my cousin's cousin's daughter who lives in the New Jersey and they were inseparable that evening. My cousin and fiancee wore matching outfits as you can see, hers was a ghagra style sari which is the latest style, she looked very lovely and was beaming the whole night.
Sunday- We were supposed to see a homeopath in the morning for Rushil but unfortunately the doctor was out of town. I took the opportunity to finish the 2nd book, "New Moon" in the Twilight series. We had lunch with my relatives and headed back to the airport.
After this trip, we really felt that we need to make a more leisurely trip to Hyderabad, hopefully during the Diwali. We'll be back for my cousin's wedding on Oct 31st. Sindhu is extremely disappointed that she'll be missing Halloween at our complex and has been trying to convince my cousin to move his wedding date :-) She missed Halloween last year too as we were in Jaipur. It's a bit sad to think that when we go back, she may be too old for Halloween, do kids still go trick or treating in grade 7?
1 comment:
the pictures are super - loved rushil and sindhu's poses - so natural.
Your trip was an action packed one. I see you guys caved in to a DS. We have resisted that one so far although we have the Wii which gets used when Oliver comes over to visit.
I remember this one south Indian place we always went to in Hyd when I visited every summer - I always had their dosa but the location was great and the ambiance was very nice - they had swings for the kids and it was very green and "gardeny"
Post a Comment