Today is the last day of their summer break. I'm not sure who is more nervous me or them. The end of the summer means getting back to a strict schedule, no more eating, playing and sleeping whenever they want to. Sindhu is nervous because she doesn't know who is in her class and the few friends that she has spoken to are in different classes. Rushil is also nervous but somewhat less, he said it would have been nice if he had 10 more days of vacation. Somehow I managed to get them to bed at a decent hour, now the struggle will be to get them up tomorrow morning.
This was probably the most relaxing summer they had, no camps, just hanging out with their grandparents and relatives. Sindhu attended one part-time art camp early on but that was as organized as her summer got. Visits from friends, relatives, my parents and sister were the highlights of the summer along with our short trip to Goa and Pune with Teju. The rest of this month will be hectic since my parents are here for a few more weeks, we're heading to Hyderabad next weekend for my cousin's engagment, possibly a trip to Tirupati and Sri and family will be visiting towards the end of the month.
In the meantime, I have to break in a new caregiver since we moved to a new place, and plan their extra curricular activities. Since they get back from school somewhat late, most of the classes they can attend will have to be on weekends.
2 comments:
I can totally understand. Summers for some reason go by super fast. Nina was very nervous about her class assignments because she did not want to be in the same class again as another girl called ceridwyn.
It is going to be interesting getting the girls back on a regular schedule - the last time, their jetlag took a good week to return to normal
Good luck getting back into a routine! I will soon have to do the same. But I am looking fwd to it - except the early mornings!
Post a Comment