Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Just a little embarrassed

Sindhu is pretty much embarrassed by anything we do. If I laugh, talk, walk, or dance in a funny way in front of her friends, she asks me to stop and later tells me I embarrassed her. Sometimes when someone is mean to her, she doesn't want to tell me in fear that I will confront that person and embarrass her. This weekend, Prasad topped anything I could possibly do to embarrass her for a long time. He got a haircut and massage and since his head and face felt oily, he took off his shirt and put it on his head. Don't ask me why !?! I was in my bedroom when the doorbell rang, Prasad casually got up, opened the door and there stood three of Sindhu's friends with Prasad standing there bare chested with a shirt on hanging on his head :-) Needless to say, Sindhu was mortified and started crying after they left and asked him how he could answer the door looking like that. I laughed my head off when I heard what happened but I could totally understand why she was embarrassed, what was he thinking? So today when she wanted to read a book instead of showering and getting ready for bed, I told her that tomorrow, I would do a little dance in front of her friends at the bus stop, Sindhu jumped out of her seat and ran to the shower.

3 comments:

Teju said...

I love this post. Laughing out loud. I remember the days in 7th/8th grade - my dad used to drop us to school in PJs and I was mortified. I would make him park across the street away from the school so none of my friends could see him.

Nina and Anika are now concerned with pdas in school - they do not like us hugging them in front of their friends..

Raji P. said...

ROTFL!!!

TK said...

LMAO! I am about to start a 2 hr call and this put me in the right mood:-)