Saturday, September 19, 2009

Bommala Koluvu #2 in India





Since we're going to Bali next week, we invited our friends, neighbors and relatives to come and see our Bommala Kolavu (doll display) at our house this weekend. Last year, we had a house full of boys, this year a house full of girls. We had our friends and neighbors over in the afternoon for snacks and relatives for dinner in the evening. Sindhu showed some interest in helping me set up the display but the interest in putting it up is still mostly mine. She did however draw her own muggulu (rangoli) in front of our doorstep. She also went to the neighbors to invite them over with some prompting from me. It was a very busy and hectic day but we have Sunday and Monday to recover as it is a long weekend. Can you believe we've been here long enough to celebrate festivals for a 2nd time around?

5 comments:

Raji P. said...

I was just thinking that the other day as I was planning my gollu. Remember the convo we had last year? You were scrambling to get things done and were wondering what to make and how to make it, and then you stopped and laughed, "what am I talking about? I have a *cook* !"

Do you still have at least one cook? if so, can you please send him over tomorrow? thx.

Teju said...

This is very elaborate and quite pretty. How do you know how and what to arrange? Does it change year to year.

Rushil and Sindhu look great as usual. I had not seen you in blue as much in the US - it is a very becoming color on you.. very pretty

Mythili said...

Raji, yes I remember the conversation, I do have a cook. I made a couple of dishes and you should have seen what I mess I made!

Teju, I have so many blue saris, it's insane, it seems to be my favourite colour when it comes to saris.

Maith said...

Mythili,

am back to reading your blog after ages! Your golu looks lovely.

Raji, why are you worried abt food? Order in! This year, I went with Gujju food - Jain food to be precise (no onion) but very popular, esp. the chaat!
Then all you have to make is the sundal for Prasadam.

Mythili said...

Welcome back Maith!