Friday, September 11, 2009

TGIF

Today, S & R's school had a Parent's Day Out event and invited the parents for games/food stalls/meet the teachers event. Rushil is always thrilled when one of us attends a school event, the look on his face when he spots us in a crowd is priceless, he stayed by my side the whole afternoon as we walked from one stall to another. Sindhu is thrilled too but given she is older, she balances her time between me and her friends. She'll take me to the tuck shop which is a little snack bar primarily meant for the boarders but they allow 5th graders and up to buy snacks during certain times of the day. This is one of Sindhu's biggest thrills as she is a 5th grader now. Her next challenge to convince me to give her the money to buy some of the snacks. After spending a couple of hours at school, we headed back home.

In the evening, Atul dropped by for dinner. He is on a short visit from San Jose and it was great to catch up with him. Even though I've known Juhi and Atul for years, this was the first time I had the opportunity to speak to him on an one on one basis. I used to hang out more with the girls during our family gatherings so I felt like I got to know Atul after all these years. They seem very happy with their move to Evergreen a year ago.

We'll have another relaxing weekend, mainly preparing for our upcoming trips and Dassera.

1 comment:

Teju said...

great pic.
You guys being in India got to meet the entire playgroup - none of them have made it to Chicago except for TK and Prasad..