Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Beauty Products
As some of you may know, I'm a huge fan of the Himalaya brand of beauty products. After moving here, I have started using their facial lotions, facial wash, face pack and shampoo and so far I've been pretty happy with the products. A few weeks back I ran out of face cream and wanted to replenish my supply at a beauty supply store in Jayangar. The woman behind the counter could not find the exact product I was asking for although the store did carry the Himalaya brand. She then claimed that Himalaya products are mixed with chemicals and are not purely natural and ayurvedic. According to her, the authentic ayurvedic beauty product companies are Biotique, Jovees and Shahnaz . I've read about the founder of Shahnaz and she has a pretty impressive story. Check out the websites for these companies, they have a sophisticated line of products and all claim to use ayurvedic ingredients. Nevertheless, I was quite surprised to hear her comments on Himalaya , there is nothing in the list of ingredients that suggest that it's not ayurvedic. Himalaya is mainstream and their products are sold at any grocery and pharmacy, I've seen Himalaya products in the UK and in Malaysia and they are one of the leading suppliers of ayurvedic medicines. I searched on the net for any negative feedback but didn't find anything suspicious. I'll stick to Himalaya now as I did purchase a small bottle of lotion from the Jovees product line and was not happy with the results, maybe I'm biased.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love the Himalaya Neem facial wash - but it is not available here, unless it is in CA, so don't get hooked to something you will have to import for the rest of your life! I'll go look up the ingredient list in the stuff I have.
AFAIK, and I've done the Googling and asking, the Himalaya products *are* completely natural. We import tons of their chickpea/sesame shampoo and yes, the various facial washes and face packs...Shahnaz stuff is expensive, though I love her face cleansers and her kajal is to die for - much better than the Himalaya version.
My word verif for this is evastu :-)
Raji, I also use the Neem facial wash. I think I will have to import all this stuff when we move back as Maith does. Maith, I have heard about Shahnaz's Kajal, I'll have to try it out.
Post a Comment