Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Exam

Today I had what I would call my first real physical examination. It was more thorough than any physical I've ever had even during my pregnancies. All the tests were pre-decided as my company pays for an annual checkup for employees over 35. This is what the package included , I arrived at 8:30AM and didn't leave till after 1PM.
  • Bloodwork before and after breakfast (yes they provided idlis for breakfast!)
  • Ultrasound - Haven't had one since I was pregnant with Rushil
  • Xray - Haven't had one in 5 years maybe
  • Lung Capacity Test
  • Eye Exam - Never had a such a thorough one in my life - No need for reading glasses, yeah!
  • Met with a Psychologist - I wasn't sure why that was part of the standard package.
  • Met with a Gynecologist
  • ECG - Never had one done before
  • Tread Mill Test - Never had one before. I was a bit disappointed that he stopped me at the 2nd level as my heart rate went up high. I asked him if it meant I was out of shape and he said no, but I think he was being nice.
  • Mammogram - Can you believe it was not included as part of the package but I got it done anyway.

On the weekend, I'll meet with a general doctor who will analyze all the results, I'll meet with a dietician and then I'm done. Prasad has been pestering me to do this for quite some time, and I finally did it although I was annoyed I had to miss work for a good part of the day.

1 comment:

Teju said...

wow - that is something else. I am curious to hear about your doctor experience as well.

I have never had an ECG done - maybe it is the over 40 thing in India eh.

Madhav's dad is convinced that the treadmill test is what causes heart attacks in older people and should be stopped.